Kingdom Of Corpavale

Welcome to the Kingdom of Corpavale!

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Manservant Tobe... Who's not really a man? More like a boy?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TobeTheLoyalOne
The Trusted

PostSubject: Manservant Tobe... Who's not really a man? More like a boy?   Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:50 pm

Hello, you can call me Tobe. I work for Lady Tia as a manservant, but can I really call myself a manservant at age 13? It's not a bad job for me, I'm actually really happy. She saved me when I was 10 from an abusive family that I was sold to. She was 13. A young age for a squire in her last year. Most would be 18. I used to be a noble, but my parents both died of an illness when I was 5. A man saw me one day and sold me to a greedy, spoiled, abusive family. Anyways... Me and my former master's family were at a party at the palace. The head of the family took me in a supposedly empty hallway and started beating me and yelling at me for things I hadn't done. I was about to faint from the beating when someone pointed a weapon at my master's nose. It was Lady Tia. She was smaller and younger than her year-mates she was with. The six of them had come from the door to the library for pages and squires. Her expression was icy and cold. A fury in her eyes directed at my master made him stumble away from me.

"Lord Draser, you should be ashamed of yourself. Making such a noisy racket in the night, and beating and yelling at this poor boy. You dare call yourself a noble. It's despicable." She continued to touch the tip of what she later told me was called a glaive at my master's nose. She demanded that my documents be sold to her so she could take me under her care, seeing as my master was unfit.

My former master stammered out the words "How dare you do this to me, you underaged squire filth! Fine! You can have the documents. I want 20 gold nobles for him" All the squires but Lady Tia gasped. They protested, saying it was too high a price to pay. "I will pay it" was what Lady Tia said. She threw a purse at Lord Draser. "That purse has 25 gold nobles in it. It's way more than you would ever deserve. Get out of my sight." Lord Draser ran away. After that, she brought me to her quarters for a proper meal and bath, and the next day bought me sets of new clothes. I've been working for her ever since, and she always treats me like a friend.

Last edited by Manservant Tobe on Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BloodyGlaiveDragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Manservant Tobe... Who's not really a man? More like a boy?   Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:14 am

Aw, you flatter me. Lol jk. Anyways, welcome to the forum, Tobe! Ah, memories of my senior year as a squire... Touching. (:
Back to top Go down
http://kingdomofcorpavale.secretstories.org
Frozen Sparrow
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Manservant Tobe... Who's not really a man? More like a boy?   Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Hmmp. Another person loyal to the castle.
Back to top Go down
BloodyGlaiveDragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Manservant Tobe... Who's not really a man? More like a boy?   Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Well... I guess you could say that. But... One really can't tell. When he was with that abusive family, he used to sneak out in the middle of the night to the Silver Arrow. The Silver Rogue always welcomed him. Tobe isn't into theivery himself, but he's a trusted person to the Court of Rogue. They're good friends. When I was in my first squire year, I saw him in the tavern all the time. We never really spoke then, even though we both hung out with Malvin. He would always have bruises and injuries that he "managed to get falling down". Bad excuse when you have injuries. Even the pages and squires used that excuse when we got into fights. It was the only excuse we gave. Anyway, Malvin would always heal Tobe's wounds, but he just got new ones every time I saw him...
Back to top Go down
Frozen Sparrow
Knight
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Manservant Tobe... Who's not really a man? More like a boy?   Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:11 pm

Hmm, I don't really care. Through the years, I've learned not to trust anybody. Especially those from the castle. And that Silver Rogue seems a bit suspicious to me.
Back to top Go down
BloodyGlaiveDragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Manservant Tobe... Who's not really a man? More like a boy?   Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Ah the Silver Rogue really isn't suspicious. If Lord Vrimen catches him with one toe outside the line again, he'll have his head.

Tobe doesn't trust anybody but me and close, close friends. Same with me.
Back to top Go down
TobeTheLoyalOne
The Trusted

PostSubject: Re: Manservant Tobe... Who's not really a man? More like a boy?   Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:51 pm

M-m-milady... I'd've remembered if ye were at the Silver Arrow! B-but Malvin had a different girl with him jus' 'bout every night!... *voice starts to trail away as he rambles*... But they were all s-so different! Oh, milady, that really was you...? *turns a dull red out of embarrassment for failing to notice*
Back to top Go down
BloodyGlaiveDragon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Manservant Tobe... Who's not really a man? More like a boy?   Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:58 pm

Ah shucks, Tobe! *gives him a friendly slap on the back* That just shows how well my disguises worked! Very Happy When I first used disguises to go to the Silver Arrow, nobody knew who I was. The tavern owner started thinking that the Silver Rogue was doing something indecent since he appeared to have different girls. But that wasn't the case, I was just visiting friends and taking a break from the page and squire training. You would too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manservant Tobe... Who's not really a man? More like a boy?   

Back to top Go down

Manservant Tobe... Who's not really a man? More like a boy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kingdom Of Corpavale :: Intoduction to Corpavale :: Kingdom Residents-
Jump to: