Kingdom Of Corpavale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdom Of Corpavale

Welcome to the Kingdom of Corpavale!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Frozen Sparrow
Knight
Knight
Frozen Sparrow

(A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Empty
PostSubject: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:06 pm

(A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Forest01_large

Walking into the woods, preparing to meet the infamous Frozen Sparrow, an arrow flies at lightning speed past you and strikes a mark into a tree. You successfully dodge the incoming projectile and look behind you frantically to see who it was. A dark figure wielding a crossbow fleeing was all that you could make out from the depths of the Forest. You shake your head and start inspecting the arrow. Noticing that there was a piece of parchment stuck to the arrow, you take the arrow of of the tree and retrieve the parchment. Smoothing it out from the wrinkles of the arrow, you find it to read:

Greetings, you should know who this is. If not, then you shouldn't be here reading this note. But if you are here reading this and you know who this is then you should be wanting to enlist in the Bandit Camp. I will prepare and train you in the arts of stealth, guile and deceit. And whatever weapon you choose as well.But beware. Nothing is what it looks like in the Forest of Amskir.

You see that at the bottom is a sketch of a longsword. You smile and know that this note was written by Frozen Sparrow, herself.

Last edited by Frozen Sparrow on Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frozen Sparrow
Knight
Knight
Frozen Sparrow

PostSubject: Want To Learn?   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:37 pm

Frozen Sparrow has been kind enough to allow several students to participate in her teachings of the Way of the Bandit. But since the rogue is rather busy with...stuff, she will only be allowing five students to learn.

1.BloodyGlaiveDragon / Lady Tia

Sparrow's way of teaching is well, not of the norm. She prefers to teach hands-on, so you will meet her for class in a different part of the Forest everyday. A list of courses in Banditry:

Main Entry: stealth
Pronunciation:
\ˈstelth\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English stelthe; akin to Old English stelan to steal
Date:
13th century

1 archaic : theft obsolete : something stolen
2: the act or action of proceeding furtively, secretly, or imperceptibly <the state moves by stealth to gather information — Nat Hentoff>
3: the state of being furtive or unobtrusive4: an aircraft-design characteristic consisting of oblique angular construction and avoidance of vertical surfaces that is intended to produce a very weak radar return

Main Entry: guile
Pronunciation:
\ˈgī(-ə)l\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English gile, from Anglo-French, probably of Germanic origin; akin to Old English wigle divination — more at witch
Date:
13th century

1: deceitful cunning : duplicity
2: obsolete : stratagem , trick

Main Entry: deceit
Pronunciation:
\di-ˈsēt\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English deceite, from Anglo-French, from Latin decepta, feminine of deceptus, past participle of decipere
Date:
14th century

1 : the act or practice of deceiving : deception
2 : an attempt or device to deceive : trick
3 : the quality of being deceitful : deceitfulness

Weapons

There are many weapons to choose from when deciding to run from or defy the law. Although there are some that are more useful than others. Bandits need weapons that are easy to conceal and that deal swift attacks. But any of the weapons below are fair for any warrior. The ones that are not suited for Bandits, however, could prove deadly for a experienced Bandit. But for novice rogues, it is best to choose the weapons that will help further your training. Frozen Sparrow explains.

Longsword: Used for striking, cutting or thrusting. A good, balanced weapon. Wielded with both hands or one.
Battle Axe: Heavy and slow, but strong. Not recommended for Bandits. Wielded with both hands.
Polearm: Also known as a Glaive. Long and strike opponents from a distance. Not as far a reach as staffs, but deal better damage. OK for Bandits. Both hands. Hard to conceal.
Staff: Long reach, but less damage than the Polearm. OK for Bandits. Both hands. Hard to conceal.
Daggers: Double-edged blade typically used for stabbing or thrusting. Small damage, but its miniature size lets the wielder carry many at a time. One hand to wield. Easy to conceal. Best for Bandits.
Longbow: Swift and quick attacks. Weaker than the Crossbow. Fair for Bandits. Both hands.
Crossbow: Slower than the Longbow, yet stronger. Both hands. Fair for Bandits.

|| Check back for more weapon updates ||

Last edited by Frozen Sparrow on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BloodyGlaiveDragon
Admin
BloodyGlaiveDragon

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:36 pm

So, who can learn here? *raises eyebrows* I already know how to use those weapons. And I'm the only person in this kingdom that uses a glaive. And I won the glaive tournament in Golara, where only the best can compete. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://kingdomofcorpavale.secretstories.org
Frozen Sparrow
Knight
Knight
Frozen Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:04 pm

Anybody who wishes to learn. But preferably nobody loyal to the King. I wouldn't want Bandit secrets spread out throughout the entire Kingdom.
Back to top Go down
BloodyGlaiveDragon
Admin
BloodyGlaiveDragon

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:47 pm

Ah, you forget I've lived among bandits and have friends among them. I've learned all I know about spying and fighting with daggers from the ones that hang out at the Silver Arrow. Malvin was my teacher. He's the head of the bandits, thieves, or if you prefer, rogues of Levra. They call him the "Silver Rogue", because they say that if you get on his bad side, the last thing you see is a flash of silver so fast, you don't even realize what's happening.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Sparrow
Knight
Knight
Frozen Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:52 pm

I haven't. But if you are so skilled then why must you learn the secrets that I have to teach? Besides, you, aren't you loyal to the King?
Back to top Go down
BloodyGlaiveDragon
Admin
BloodyGlaiveDragon

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:15 pm

*bluntly* I like challenges. And of course I'm loyal to the king. You just never know what situation you could be stuck in, whether you like it or not. The skills and things I've learned help tremendously in a tight spot, and it's good to know people.
Back to top Go down
Frozen Sparrow
Knight
Knight
Frozen Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:26 pm

Pfft. I'll teach you. But you won't learn ALL of my secrets.
Back to top Go down
BloodyGlaiveDragon
Admin
BloodyGlaiveDragon

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:34 pm

*laughs softly* I never expected you to teach "ALL".
Back to top Go down
Frozen Sparrow
Knight
Knight
Frozen Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:41 pm

Report to the Forest promptly tomorrow. Any time. Preferably dusk.
Back to top Go down
BloodyGlaiveDragon
Admin
BloodyGlaiveDragon

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:11 pm

Heehee. Alrighty. See you then ^_^
Back to top Go down
Frozen Sparrow
Knight
Knight
Frozen Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Don't disappoint me.

[[ Feel free to start a topic in the Forest now ]]
Back to top Go down
BloodyGlaiveDragon
Admin
BloodyGlaiveDragon

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:37 pm

I won't! XDDD
Back to top Go down
Frozen Sparrow
Knight
Knight
Frozen Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:56 pm

Hmmp. I'm sure you won't.
Back to top Go down
BloodyGlaiveDragon
Admin
BloodyGlaiveDragon

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:19 pm

Ah, bandits are lively folk. *smiles appreciatively at memories*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper   (A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(A Class of Banditry) A Piece of Paper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kingdom Of Corpavale :: Bandit Camp :: Bandit Camp-
Jump to: